To be a Nerd

bored
By Ireland Castillo

Welcome back! Has it been a week already? That went by fast (too fast). It is the beginning of the quarter so I’m pretty sure all of you are bored out of your mind trying to find something to do (I know I am). See the thing is this week we are technically still in Quarter three (shocking isn’t it) and some of our more busy teachers are out trying to finish up grades (which is good), but that means for some of us “good” students there is nothing to do (which means no homework). Some of you may be thinking ‘parteeee time’ but I’m thinking ‘hohohomework timeeee’ (that didn’t work out did it?). Today’s topic: (extra) homework.

See this past week I spent my whole break doing (extra extra) homework (I’m not even kidding). This past week I did six weeks of homework in advance (mostly for english). I completed four vocabularies (20 words each) and two commentaries (I had so much fun). At this point I am already halfway through “Twelth Nights” by William Shakespeare and one week ahead for AP Psychology. By this point I’m thinking that you’re thinking about what a nerd I am right? You are absolutely correct (should I be proud of that?). What does this mean for you? If you find yourself with nothing to do, get ahead (like really really ahead). If you do this, I promise you your life is going to be ten times easier later.

I’ll link you to a few sites for you to use in case you want to get ahead (because that’s always fun).

You in science? If your teacher tells you to always watch those Georgia Public Broadcast videos every day (like every every every day) then get ahead because the next notes due are probably on the next video in line. Press here (or should I say click here)

http://www.gpb.org/chemistry-physics/students/all

Are you in some AP class that just doesn’t make sense? Go on to youtube and visit Crashcourse! they make lives so much easier (trust me) or if you’re one of those students that wants to get ahead and start reviewing for that exam click away. John Green and his brother make learning seem like a big joke (especially for APUSH). Take a few and watch a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/

(Let’s pretend this is an under the table transaction, and you really want to know how and what happens in the book you are reading then click here. You didn’t hear this from me).

http://www.sparknotes.com/

And if none of these sites work for you then come and watch some of my Doc Ireland videos, they won’t get you ahead, but I’ll surely make you laugh!! See you next time.