Take a Nap

boredBy Ireland Castillo

Isn’t spring break coming up? That can definitely be boring, right? I mean, we actually have a week of break, people. Today I’m going to be the good guy and tell you that there is nothing better to do with your time than to sleep. That’s today’s topic: sleep.

It’s been a very (very to the infinity power) tiring quarter. I may not be speaking for everyone but quarter three ranks top in worst quarters of the year, right? For one, you just get back from winter break (and for most of you, from your long deserved hibernation) and two, it’s third quarter, which feels like “snooze time” for most of us (when it’s more like “slap in the face” time). Then you have teachers who have also been in a much-deserved hibernation and the combination of sleepy students and teachers is just asking for disaster. By the time you know it, it’s the END (not the REAL END, but close to it) and it’s crunch time. This kills everyone (not literally though). But who cares, right? It’s bye-bye to quarter three and forget quarter four. (For now.)

So if you’re bored to death, SLEEP. I’m not even going to give you an option on this. Stop whatever you’re doing and sleep. Are you listening to music? Are you eating? (Don’t starve though.) Are you reading? ARE YOU DOING HOMEWORK? (Definitely stop doing that.) You deserve a rest. You really do. I know I’m going to sleep. (Then my nerdy conscience will force me to wake up at 6:00 because my body still thinks I need school. Don’t you hate that?) I’m such a nerd. (If you just nodded your head, you are one too, hahaha…)

It’s almost the end. This will be the last break between now and the END (the real one), and you’ll need all the energy you can get, especially if you’re a senior. Last break for us. (Isn’t that a bit dramatic?) Don’t start crying now because I can start listing a million reasons for those tears to go back where they came from. (If only.) So what are you going to do when you get home? A) Sleep B) Sleep C) Sleep D) Sleep.

I hope you chose A (or B or C or D). If you failed this test, you’ve got a whole lot to look forward to next quarter. (Just kidding, but not) Haha, see you next time my fellow academic sleepers. ‘Til we meet again. (I’ve really got to be less dramatic.)

One sheep, two sheep, three sheep…ZZzzZzZzzZ…