MHS students and teachers find opportunity in art

Art is defined by many as a visually appealing product based on aesthetic principles that is submitted for a school project or given to a loved one on their birthday, but to MHS students and teachers, it means so much more. Senior Caytlin Yoshioka, Sophomore Joy Sanchez and Fine Arts teacher Ruth Ravina-Koethe use art as a way to express their feelings and creativity. Ravina-Koethe spends her days sharing her knowledge about art with her students. Sanchez and Yoshioka are both enrolled in her Drawing and Painting course at MHS and hope to continue honing their art skills and make a career out of their talents.

JOY NEW
Click here to read more about Sanchez’s art
KOETHE NEW
Click here to read more about Ravina-Koethe’s art
CAYTLIN NEW NEW
Click here to read more about Yoshioka’s art

Besides our individual stories, take a look at the work of these artists in the gallery below, Sanchez’s “how2draw” tutorial and some other cool websites.

Art Gallery

Check out this quick tutorial on how to draw a person.

Narrated  by Risa Askerooth

https://vimeo.com/89454893

While these students and teachers create art as a form of personal expression, it can also be practical. Here are some websites where you can find the best DIY arts and crafts:

StumbleUpon

This site that offers an easy way to find the newest websites, videos and photos. The arts and crafts section of their website is full of ideas for decor, holidays, kids, etc.

A Beautiful Mess

A Beautiful Mess is a blog run by two girls named Elsie and Emma. In addition to DIY crafts, their website features photography, recipes and more.

CraftGawker

CraftGawker is a website that is perfect for anyone, featuring easy-to-complete crafts for kids and novices as well as more complex creations.

And don’t forget to take our survey.

Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.