Grandma Knows Best

By Kiana Caranto and Vivian Fang

ugly vanVan BW PicOften times in life, when faced with a problem, we acknowledge the problem but do nothing to improve the situation. While we should be taking action, we do nothing but overthink the situation and ponder how it will affect our lives. We wallow in our self-pity and question a higher power as to why the universe is conspiring against us.

Instead of trying to figure out how the problem will be fixed with the least possible effort from us, a simple solution would be to take a step back and look at the problem again. Changing your perspective can do wonders for many aspects of your life. The picture directly below appears as a worn-down van, but if you look farther down, the second picture comes off as more appealing and, dare we say, “vintage.” Going from making me cringe at the van’s mere state to making me want to live in the ‘50s era, all with the mere change of a camera angle. Just remember to always view things in the a positive light and not to let life bring you down.