Daisy Ann Hipolito: Senior Thank You

Daisy Ann Hipolito, Features Editor

I am a very nostalgic person. I often find myself reminiscing on moments that feel like a breath of fresh air, and when I’m not, I’m living in them, knowing that one day they’ll be there for me when I need them to be. If you were to ask me to reflect on one of these moments now, the chances of it being from the past four years is close to certain. And though I hate to admit it, I have high school to thank for this in one way or another.

High school has given me enlightening opportunities, longtime friends, and life long memories. Without these opportunities, I might’ve never discovered my love for watching children learn and grow. I might’ve never spent days in layout applauding our newspaper staff when something went well. I might’ve never built graham cracker droids at the Star Wars winter social I planned. Without these friends, I might’ve never had a dance party in Mcdonalds at 1am after a volunteer event. I might’ve never screamed at the top of my lungs at my last homecoming game. I might’ve never danced until my feet felt like they would fall off in the midst of a crowded dance floor. I might’ve never made the memories I now hold so close to my heart— now, more than ever.

If there is one thing I learned from the events that have rudely unraveled themselves over these past months, it is to never take anything for granted. I am simultaneously full of gratitude for my memories yet full of regret for thinking that I had time to make more. To the underclassmen that may be reading this: do not take “now or never” with a grain of salt. We believe in you and the things you wish to pursue! To my teachers, family, and friends that believed in me this way: Thank you endlessly. You are what made my high school experience, and though I wish with all my heart that it could have ended differently, I am nonetheless left with an immense amount of love and knowledge that I will continue to carry with me.

Special thank you to Genevieve, Amelie, Tyler, Chance, Lauren, lauren, Sasha, Kayla, Leila and Kenji. My eternal thanks to Mom, Dad and Andrew. I love you all.

Thank you Mililani High School. I hope that my, along with the ℅ 2020’s legacy will continue to live in you as yours will live in me. Go Trojans! #tgod

Senior, Daisy Ann Hipolito