Lights, Camera, Action, Take 45: Homecoming Highlights

Sasha Numazu-Fisher and McGwire Ishikawa

From Sept. 10 to 15, MHS held their 45th annual homecoming event. This year’s theme was “Lights, Camera, Action: Take 45,” in which famous movies were used as inspiration for the week’s various events.

The week was kicked off with “Mega Movie Monday,” where students dressed up as their favorite movie character. Tuesday’s theme was “Double Take,” where students found a friend and wore matching outfits. On Wednesday, students dressed up in their most formal outfits for “Walk the Red Carpet.” Thursday’s theme was “The Four Hogwarts Houses,” where the students sported their class colors. On Friday, the students showed off their Trojan pride by wearing brown and gold for “Trojans and the Chocolate Factory.”

The lip sync performances and class banners were presented at the pep rally on Friday, Sept. 14. While the homecoming dance, “Friday Night Fever,” was held that night. Presented at the pep rally and dance were the 2018 Homecoming Court members. This included Princesses Freshman Alanna Davis, Sophomore Casey Morishige, Junior Gabrielle Pino and Senior Elizabeth Sesepasara-Jennings. The princes included Freshman Titus Marquina, Sophomore Sele Lindborg and Junior Logan Minami; the senior class did not have a prince, but Senior Nathan Looney stepped in to escort Sesepasara-Jennings. Senior Christopher Kalani Guillermo and Chloe Fong acted as the Homecoming King and Queen, respectively.

The Homecoming Parade was held on Saturday, Sept. 15, where MHS’ JROTC, marching band, and various elementary schools in the district showed their school spirit in a march around Mililani Town. The homecoming game against Campbell High School also took place that night. Both teams won, with JV coming out with a score of 14-7 and the varsity team with a score of 52-14.

At the homecoming game, the members of ASMHS announced the winners of the homecoming spirit trophy. The Junior Class of 2020 won in lip sync, the Senior Class of 2019 in banner building and the Class of 2021 in spirit points. The winner of the 2018 Homecoming Spirit Trophy was the Sophomore Class of 2021, with the senior, junior and freshman classes placing second, third, and fourth place, respectively.