An array of greenery surrounds the statue, which is a center piece to Mililani High School’s campus. MHS continues to add and improve landscaping around campus.
New Plants Bloom Around Campus
Kayla Hovanian, Writer • April 10, 2024

New Teacher Mrs. Rachel Hoke

By April-Joy McCann

Q: If you could learn any language what would you learn and why?
A: Well, I took French for a long time like in elementary and in middle school and in high school. So I can speak fairly fluently. So besides that I wish I took Japanese. Because I think it’s really useful to know how to speak Japanese living in Hawaii.

Q: What do you like about traveling?
A: I just like the adventure of it. Like seeing or not knowing what I’m gonna see and seeing it. A lot times when we travel, we don’t even know where we’re staying that night we just get in the car and we just go, and when it’s dark we just find some place to stay.  So we’ve stayed in some pretty sketchy places before but it’s like the only thing we can find that’s open. And then we just get in the car the next day and we just keep on driving.  We stop and do whatever we come across. Because usually I’m not very spontaneous but when I travel that’s like the only time.

Q: If you weren’t teaching what job do you think you would have?
A:  Well I think I would want to be a flight attendant just for the travel benefits. A lot of my friends are flight attendants and I’m so jealous that they can just jump on a airplane when they’re not working and go.