New Teacher: Mrs. Sarah Michel

By Regan Paz

Q: What did you do before you taught here?
A: I student taught here. Right before I taught here and so people who had Mr. Robinson last year are used to seeing me around because I was their student teacher for the last half of last year.

Q: Why did you decide to become a teacher?
A: I love high school-aged kids and Math, so it seemed like a natural choice decision to make, you know? You guys have so much enthusiasm and, I love the pep rallies and everything and you know, teaching little kids, I don’t know if I have quite the patience for that. I like the age I can relate to, I can relate to you guys more than little kids.

Q: What do you like to do in your spare time?
A: Well, lately I don’t have any spare time, but before when I did, I liked swimming. There’s a pool at our apartment building and I like to go and swim laps. And I have a dog. I like to walk my dog and train my dog, too. She does a bunch of tricks. Other than that, just the normal stuff, watch TV, hang out with my friends, play video games here and there.

Q: What’s your favorite color?
A: Orange. Any warm colors, I like red and yellow, too. Green is okay. Purple is not my favorite color.

Q: Where have you traveled to around the world?
A: I’m from Kentucky, and also my husband’s in the Air Force so we’ve lived in Texas, we’ve lived in California, and also I’ve spent a summer in Mexico studying Spanish.