Destination: Trojan Nation 2019 Homecoming Highlights

Daisy Ann Hipolito, Features Editor

This year, MHS took a trip through its 46th annual homecoming event from Sept. 30 to Oct. 5. This year’s theme was “Destination: Trojan Nation,” which explored the adventurous and timeless aspects of a true Trojan homecoming.

The adventure began with Monday’s theme, “Family Vacay,” where students and faculty were encouraged to wear matching clothes with a friend or group of friends. Trojans dressed up in their finest first-class formal or flight attendant attire for Tuesday’s theme, “Trojan Runway,” followed by Wednesday’s “Oh The Places Trojans Will Go,” where the school was encouraged to wear clothes that represent different places of the world or different international landmarks. To finish the school week, each class was encouraged to wear their class colors for Thursday’s “World of Colors,” and end the week strong with Friday’s “Trojan Airlines: Welcome Home,” where the entire school was encouraged to come decked out in their brown and gold.  

The lip sync performances and class banners were presented at the pep rally on Thursday, Oct. 3. Presented at the pep rally and dance were the 2019 Homecoming Court members, including: Princesses Freshman Neliya Omalza, Sophomore Nalei Annasta, Junior Krislyn Miyamoto and Senior Sasha Numazu-Fisher. The princes included Freshman Eddie Miller, Sophomore Payton Ikeda, Junior Xander Balinbin and Senior Devin Uyeda. Seniors Chance Ringor and Kawailani Arasato took their places as Homecoming royalty and were crowned 2019’s king and queen. 

The Homecoming Parade was held on Friday, Oct. 4 for the Mililani community to enjoy. The homecoming court, MHS’ JROTC, marching band, football team, cheer team and various elementary schools in the district showed their school spirit in a march around the Mililani Town District. Later that evening, the MHS annual homecoming dance also took place at the high school gym.

The homecoming game took place on Saturday, Oct. 5. The Trojans took on the Kapolei High School Hurricanes with a final varsity score of 21-0. The winners of the homecoming spirit trophy were also announced between the JV and varsity game. The Freshman class of 2023 won in lip sync, the Sophomore class of 2022 in banner building and the Junior class of 2021 in spirit donations. The 2019 Homecoming Spirit Trophy went to the Senior class of 2020, with the most spirit points total. To end the night, seniors from the football team, cheerleading team and marching band took their senior walk across the field to kick off senior night.