An array of greenery surrounds the statue, which is a center piece to Mililani High School’s campus. MHS continues to add and improve landscaping around campus.
New Plants Bloom Around Campus
Kayla Hovanian, Writer • April 10, 2024

College and Career Center: March 10, 2016

C&CC will be closed for spring break. If you need to drop off applications or scholarships, please plan accordingly. Have a fun, safe spring break and see you in fourth quarter!

Senior Reminders

Seniors! Graduation is right around the corner! Here are a few reminders:

• May 1 is the universal deadline to let schools know whether you are accepting their offer of admission or not. This is not a postmarked deadline.
  • Turn in any scholarship letters that you have received by May 1 to be recognized in the graduation program.
  • Turn in your final transcript request. If you are a scholarship athlete, you also need to send your final grades to the NCAA Clearinghouse.  You can do this now and we will hold your request until final grades are posted.
  • Males 18 years of age must register with Selective Service. Go to sss.gov for more information. It’s the law!
  • Be sure to turn in your health clearance information (TB test and/or MMR shot record) to the school you will be attending. You will not be able to register for your classes until this is complete.
  • Don’t forget to thank the teachers and counselors who helped you with your college/scholarship recommendations.
  • Still undecided about what to do after graduation?  See Mrs. Yamamoto ASAP!

ASVAB Testing – Grades 10 to 12 Only – March 31

We will be offering the ASVAB on Thursday, March 31 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. This is an excellent assessment tool for students, even if they don’t plan to join the military. Pick up a permission form at C&CC. Forms due to C&CC on March 15.

PSAT Results Have Arrived

Students who took the PSAT in October can pick up their score reports from their grade-level counselors during non-instructional hours.

Juniors!

Juniors should be getting ready for senior year. Reminders:

• Distribute/collect student evaluation sheets, update your resume, take at least one SAT or ACT test, make an appointment with your counselor, request for letters of recommendation (if applicable) and research your schools.
  • Need help searching for colleges? Go to collegeboard.org -> college search. Make an appointment with Mrs. Yamamoto if you need help with anything or if you have questions.

College Planning:

Appointments

Be proactive and make an appointment to discuss post-high school plans. Appointments can be scheduled during the school day, before school or after school. Contact Mrs. Denise Yamamoto to schedule a student and/or parent appointment.

Fee Waivers Available

Students on free or reduced lunch are available for SAT, ACT and NCAA Clearinghouse fee waivers. See Mrs. Yamamoto, and pick up your fee waiver today.

Honolulu National College Fair

The National College Fair will be held on Tuesday, April 12 from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Hawaii Convention Center. Take advantage of this opportunity to meet with representatives from visiting schools. Register prior to attending the fair to receive a barcode identification sheet. Free registration at www.gotomyncf.com. For more information, visit www.nacacnet.org

Compiled by College and Career Center Counselor Denise Yamamoto